Motorcycle Review: Suzuki TS125
engine 125cc, two strokes
power approximately 13 hp
rear tire size 100/90 R18
front tire size 80/90 R21
both tires are a moderate off road tire type (poor grip in black road)
rear and front breaks: drum type
Week after, I started to ride this TS bike, after couple cycles around my house I feel this bike is to small for my 84kg body. The engine power was not impressive, look like under powered. By the way, my 5 years old daughter was very happy if I brought her with this bike. After that the bike just stay in my garage, I run the engine on around twice a month for several minutes. And, the two strokes engine produced so much smoke. If I bring somebody with me, the rear wheel will hit the fender easily due to soft shock absorber.
- Maximum rear tire is 120/90 18, if I used wider tire, it will hit the original TS swing arm.
- Front tire is110/90 18
- Replace the front shock with the bigger one coming from Suzuki Thunder 250. This new shock coming with disk break. I also made a wider upper part (Segitiga & comstir) to accommodate wider front tire.
- Add 5 cm additional tube for front shock
- Add 4 cm additional height for the rear mono shock.
- Installed Acerbis hand guard
- Installed Acerbis rear and frond fender.
- Changed the original fuel tank with Hyosung RX125 tank including the its plastic cover.
- Saddle modification and trimming following the bike contour.
- Changed the head lamp with smaller size and installed Acerbis headlamp cover.
- Painting worked, all black color.
After three weeks the skinny tiny suzuki TS become a SUPERMOTO. In body work point of view, I'm quite happy. Then I used this bike for a while, several notes were made as below:
- Although the bike is taller, but the handling and riding position is still the same. I'm not touched the frame.
- With wider tire and heavier shock, the engine power become worst, the top speed only reach 85km/hour with heavy engine vibration.
- So tall ....., its not easy to do a kick starter (this bike have no electric starter), however there is no problem occurred when the bike already rolling.
- Poor saddle modification, become uncomfortable for long rides.
- Needs additional modification especially for increase engine performance like change the original exhaust with better one, used a larger piston, wearing better gear ratio and install a racing tune-up equipment.
At the end, after stage 1 modification this TS bike back to my garage for months almost a year. I've never used it. And at mid 2006, I sold the bike for Rp 12.5M with 600km in odo, however I the cost to get this bike plus modification is exceed 20M. It's ok, otherwise the rats will start making a new house in it. For the future I'll looking for another trail by with minimum 250cc engine and four strokes.